School Leave Letters, are a written form of information about the student’s absence, to the higher official, usually the School Principal. However, the letter is addressed to the Class Teacher or School Principal. With the help of this letter, we are informing school authorities that our child or ward will not be attending the school, due to personal reasons.
It is required that the school leave letter are duly signed by the students as well as their parents. Students or Parents can write a leave letter, before taking leave, on the occasion of personal commitment or when students feel sick. However, there is a practice of submitting a leave letter after taking leave, which is not recommended, since this creates a bad image on students in the future.
Things to be Taken care of Before writing a Leave letter:
- It is essential that the leave letter should address the receiver in a polite tone, be it your class teacher or your school principal.
- The reason behind your absence should be genuine and clear
- Leave letter should be brief and should make the reader understand the purpose of leave in an instant
- The leave letter should be devoid of spelling or grammatical mistakes.
Contents that should be present in a Leave Letter
Even though, each and every person may write a leave letter in their own style, following information should be present in the leave letter
- From: Student who is submitting this leave application, which class he is belonging to, etc.
- To: The recipient who this leave application is subjected to
- Date: Date on which the leave application, has been submitted. Should be present in the right corner of the application.
- Regarding: Short version of the reason behind students absence
- Body: Detailed version of the reason behind students absence
- Signatures: In a leave application, it is required that both parents and students, sign the application
Sample Leave Application
The Principal/Class Teacher,
Regd: (Reason for Leave – Short Version)
As I am suffering from _______ or planning on attending _________ function, from_____ to______, I will not able to attend school on the above days. Kindly grant me leave for ______ days.
Place: Yours Sincerely,
(Name of the Student)
(Signature with Date)
In the above article, we have only shared the basic template for writing a leave application. Students can modify the leave application according to their wish and should take care of politeness in the letter and application should not have any spelling or grammatical mistakes.