Smoking has become a fashionable practice among teenagers. Generally, they used to practice smoking in their school days. It is no wonder that most of the girls are addicted to smoking nowadays. The awareness and warning of smoking are everywhere, however people often use cigarettes. Unfortunately, smokers are addicted to it and they could not give up smoking even if they wish to. Some gentlemen smoke for the sake of their status. In the very first day, a boy may take one or two puffs from his neighbor’s cigarette, but it eventually becomes a part of their regular life. In fact, they make it a regular habit. Some people used to take the smoke after lunch, breakfast, and dinner.
It is extremely difficult for them to avoid cigarettes after meals. Every smoker is perfectly aware of the badness of smoking but the worst part is that they never give up. Smoking can cause lung cancer and other ill effects. According to the recent research, one out of every five Americans is affected by lung cancer due to smoking habits. With the strict rules and regulations, the smoking rate has been reduced much in the United States. However, the majority of smokers are young boys and teenagers. The percentage of college students that use cigarettes is 35. So many college students are unaware of the health issues caused by smoking.
The worst part of the smoking is that it can cause Negative effects on human body.
- Lung disease: when a person inhales the smokes, the high percentage of nicotine content in Cigarettes gradually passes on and eventually gets deposited in the lungs, which results in harmful diseases such as bronchial asthma, tuberculosis, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD, asthma, Pneumonia, chronic disease, high cholesterol and similar diseases.
- Heart Attack: when arteries get blocked with nicotine, smokers might get the heart attack.
- Addictive: The nicotine content in a cigarette is highly addictive. Nicotine is a kind of mesmerizing seed, which has an intoxicating effect on man’s nerve.
- Cancer: It increases the risk of throat, larynx, esophagus and mouth Cancer. Smokers can have higher rates of Pancreas Cancer. Tobacco substance in the cigarette can cause changes in the skin texture. A recent study has revealed that cigarettes can increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Artery disease: Nicotine restricts the blood flow, which results in the damage of blood vessels. Also, smoking raises blood pressure and blood clots, which increases the risk of stroke.
- Hormonal changes:A recent study has shown that smoking can cause hormonal imbalance, which increases the risk of balding, hair loss and graying. Also, the hormonal imbalance leads to the finger and nail infections.
It is extremely difficult to quit smoking but with the help of s doctor, anyone can give up smoking gradually. There are a lot of prescription and nonprescription medications out there. When you get advice from proper advice from Smoking Cession resource center, you can surely quit smoking.