Solar Energy is the conversion of sunlight into power and using it to generate power and electricity. The solar energy is one of the most useful and beneficial things that converts the sun rays and heat into something useful and the humans can simply utilize the heat and the power. It is also a natural way to generate the electricity and it is now becoming one of the best ways to use the suns heat for something useful and it can be used in many ways. There are many ways to use the solar energy in our day to day life. It is also a very simple technology and it can be used by everyone. People have started using the solar power in their offices and big commercial buildings. They have also started using it in the houses as well. it consumes less energy and it also helps in reducing the pollution from the earth making it a better place to live in. Though every good thing comes with some disadvantages.
The solar Energy has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Solar Energy
- The energy is free of cost – The solar energy is available completely free of cost. Though to convert the energy into useful product there are some technological devices needed that costs a little but it comparatively cheaper than the energy power we use.
- It can be used in both rural and remote areas- This is one of the biggest advantages of solar energy. It can be used in both Rural and Remote areas. The grids can be easily displayed in these areas and it can generate a lot of energy.
- It can be used in charging batteries- One of the biggest advantages of solar energy is that it can be used for charging batteries. The charging of batteries otherwise consumes a lot of energy but the solar energy reduces the energy consumption.
- It can be renewed– Solar energy is a renewable source and it can never get out of stock.
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Produces energy only in sunlight- One of the drawbacks of Solar Energy is that it can produce energy only during the daytime and when there is a lot of sunlight available.
- Production cost is expensive- The setting up of the panels and other devices are very expensive.
- Requires large land- to set up- To set up the panels and grids for the solar energy panels, huge acres of land are needed and sometimes it can become a hindrance.
The solar energy is the best way to produce and generate electricity and it is also not harmful at all. It does not spoil the nature and hence it is the best way to generate electricity. There are certain limitations to it as it can function only during the daytime when there is a lot of sunlight but that is manageable and it can produce a lot of energy from the sun rays in the given specific time period.