Thousands of tourists and Indians visit this island city of India for its mesmerizing and breathtaking beauty. If someone wants to see heaven on Earth than this tiny island is enough to give all the feels. It is the most popular and worthy getaway for anyone and everyone in the world. It is popularly said that one must take out enough time to visit this island city once in a lifetime. Its clear skies will let you see far away where the ocean meets the sky. The fresh and clean, pollution-free air will give you energetic vibes. Water sports such as snorkeling and scuba diving are most favorite recreational activities at this exotic destination.
Some of the most exciting activities that goes around in Andaman and Nicobar islands
1. The swimming elephant
If swimming fishes and swimming dogs isn’t enough of a surprise to you then Andaman has got a swimming elephant. If you are lucky you might come across a swimming elephant, or perhaps a bunch of them.
2. The Scuba Diving
If one needs to be reminded that we live in a magical world where life is not just earning money or going to Paris, and then Scuba Diving is for you. It is a popular saying that Scuba diving can change a person by being so close to the nature beneath the earth.
3. Havelock Islands
Every beach has vast white sand stretch and Blue Ocean touching it but the largest island of Andaman and Nicobar is not commercialized and is still natural as it could be.
More about the Andaman Islands
- Andaman and Nicobar islands have been a European territory from 7 Th AD.
- The Andaman is a group of 300 small and vast islands connecting together.
- While the Nicobars is a group of 19 small islands.
- There is a 145 km wide channel between Andaman and Nicobar islands.
- The British took it under their possession in 1869 and later in World War 2 it was occupied by the Japanese forces.
- The Port Blair is the capital of Andaman and Nicobar islands which is situated in Andaman group of islands.
These facts that make Andaman and Nicobar unique
- Its Adivasi population of Jarwa tribe is sincerely introverted and never meets with any outsider.
- It is home to infinity and diverse marine and avina fauna, world’s largest turtles make it more exotic.
- Even though it is an island city commercial fishing is 100% prohibited.
- The state animal representation of Andaman and Nicobar is not a dolphin or turtle but the Dugong.
- India’s only volcano is present in the Andaman and Nicobar islands.