Delhi is one of the most famous tourist attractions in India, not only because it is a National Capital but also because it holds great history within the walls that are built on its land. Speaking of the tourist attraction, one of the most visited places in Delhi is the Akshardham Temple. This temple is a marvel in architecture and also of great importance to the Hindu mythology. Whoever lives in Delhi or travels to Delhi has not visited the Akshardham Temple.
Its beauty is beyond what our eyes can behold. I, for one, am always captivated by the beauty of Akshardham and also the level of perfection with which it is built.
- It is located on NH24 on the Noida Mor in New Delhi.
- The Akshardham temple has a collection of 20,000 statues that includes the idols of many gods, floral motifs, and exquisitely carved pillars. All in all, the Akshardham temple is a vision of the eyes that one never forgets to behold.
- This magnificent Akshardham temple was built by the support and under the supervision of Bochasanwasi Aksharpurshotam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS)
- The Temple was opened for devotees and visitors on November 7, 2005, by the Leader of BAPS.
- The Akshardham temple has a magnificent view of it is built over the banks of River Yamuna.
- The Akshardham Temple is spread over a huge estate of 100 acres of landscape with huge spawning gardens, grand water fountains and many intricately carved pavilions.
- This might be one of the most beautiful architectures in India.
- You might be shaken by knowing the fact that Akshardham took only two years to be made and built.
- However, the fast process was accompanied by the fact that a large sum of money was invested in its making by the sponsors and the BAPS.
- According to what people say, as large as 2 billion rupees were spent in the making of this magnificent structure.
- The Akshardham temple reflects the Gandhi agar temple in Gujarat; it is inspired by the same.
- The main statue that Akshardham has within the temple is at 141 feet tall statue of Lord Swaminarayan.
When is the best time to visit Akshardham Temple?
- Even though it the temple is the most beautiful thing you will ever see, one will have to pay their fair share of prices in order to see the beauty.
- The long walk from footwear stands to the temple is on hot sandstone tiles. Therefore, it is best recommended to visit the temple somewhere in Monsoon season when the sun is not too cruel.